I’m hoping that accountability will be the key to success this year and so I’m linking up with the Finish-A-Long, a quarterly link-up to help motivate bloggers complete their started projects. This year the link-up is global; I am linking up with Leeann at She Can Quilt although there are many options out there.
After some thought, I decided to choose nine projects to focus on for the Finish A Long. This seemed like a good compromise between all the random things I have started and the projects that I should actually prioritize. It has taken me almost a week to finally admit that I am not going to get better pictures than I have right now, at least not before the deadline for posting projects. Pictures for the first six projects are in the mosaic below; I’ve lost the photos I have for the last three projects and will update this post when I either find them or retake the pictures.
Projects listed clockwise from top left.
- Bri’s Quilt — quilt top is done, backing fabric pulled and cut but still needs to be pieced.
- Brooke’s Quilt — quilt top is done
- Lanycea’s Quilt &
- Nyrie’s Quilt — fabrics pulled (L’s is blue stack, N’s is purple stack) and I’ve been ironing and starting to cut, just don’t have an updated photo, so they are sharing this one
- Rainbow Plus Quilt — fabrics cut and layout is being pondered on my “design wall” (guest bed)
- Rainbow Chevron and On Quilt — some blocks have been pieced
I don’t have photos yet for these quilts, although they are substantially in progress.
- Charity Baby Quilt — quilt top is done
- Michael’s T-Shirt Quilt — most tees have been trimmed and interfaced
- Landon’s Quilt — quilt top is done
I’m not sure if nine projects is crazy or not, although most of them are actually pretty small. I would very much like to have the baby quilts done before I visit my family again (probably sometime in February, if I can swing it) and Michael’s birthday is in March, so I would like to have his quilt finished by then. I had a furious bout of creativity and making in October and November, in anticipation of seeing my family over Thanksgiving. I’d like to think that I can replicate that kind of pace, but I would like to be a bit better about balance this time around.
In addition to linking up on the FAL page, I am also linking up to Finish It Friday at crazy mom quilts. Because pulling this list together has truly taken me all week, what with one thing or another!!